reserve your precious home movie memories today. Transfer film to DVD including 8mm, super 8mm and 16mm format. Your film to video transfer order will be carefully converted to the highest quality VHS tape, DVD, or any other video format by leaders in the industry. Customers are surprised to see how well the image quality has stood up over time and how great your images look after we convert your film to DVD or VHS video. Don’t wait a day longer to see the smiles and laughter of those golden years!
Film Transfer Order Form › | Price List ›
Film Transfer FAQ ›
Transfer home movies to DVD today!
Family Memories Video specializes in 8mm film to DVD transfer, which is the most popular option today for film to video conversion today. We can handle any home movie film size including super 8mm and 16mm transfers to DVD, VHS or any other video format such as miniDV, 8mm, Hi-8, Digital 8mm, DVCAM, etc.
- We can customize any project to make your DVD extra special, such as adding captions and/or adding custom music
- Your home movie transfer order can include standard music provided by family memories video or projector sound for no additional charge.
- When you convert film to video or DVD we can also add a title every 200 feet for no additional charge.
- After we perform a 16mm or 8mm film to video conversion, many customers desire to edit the footage to create a more enjoyable final product for themselves and their children. Standard editing rates are $100/hour.
Please select the “Further Editing Option” on the Film Transfer Order Form if any of these services are of interest in the future:
- Adding more captions or titles between scenes
- Adding custom music to fit specific time frames
- Deleting poor film quality sections
- Trimming repetitive or long sections
- Our technicians clean and lubricate all film, repair any repairable damage, and edit out unexposed sections greater than 5 seconds. We then splice smaller reels together onto 7-inch film reels for ease of storage and to minimize potential damage when feeding a new reel into a projector. There is a small service charge if you choose not to consolidate small 3-inch reels.
- We use five blade film projectors to reduce flickering in the film conversion process and open air imaging for the best possible picture quality on your final video.
- 1600 feet (32 - 3 inch reels) of 8mm or super 8mm film, or 3200 feet of 16mm film can fit onto one 2 hour VHS videotape or DVD. Please see DVD Transfer page if you are interested in ordering DVD formatting.
We recommend your film be sent by either certified mail or UPS for tracking purposes. Fed Ex is also available. See order form for shipping charges. We recommend that you mail the film to us in a like fashion to minimize chances of loss.